So, whether you are preparing for your PMP exam or you are in the process of controlling the schedule of your project, at some point, you will be more likely to use schedule variance (SV).
Project managers are masters of communication, be that contextual, spoken, or written. The average PM role requires using different communication styles, and regardless of how natural and outspoken you are, even the most skilled communicators sometimes hit a wall.
While MBOs and OKRs play a vital role in how companies manage their employees and reflect the values of the company and the work environment expected within, KPIs are paired with more specific business objectives.
It’s no secret that poor project management can lead to disastrous consequences. But what are those consequences, exactly? And how can you avoid them?
If it takes a village to raise a child, then it’s safe to say it takes a whole city to run a project. No matter how agile and lean you try to run your projects there are inevitably going to be a lot of people involved in getting you from project proposal to launch day.
Change is inevitable in business and in life. And every project will face moments when you need to reassess what you’re building and potentially adjust course.
Even at a massive company like IBM, only 40% of projects successfully hit all their criteria. But the other 60% is where they learn how to improve and update their processes, communication styles, workflows, and goals.
In this guide, we’ll run through a simple process for creating a communication plan as well as provide templates and examples you can use with your own team.
While your main responsibility is to always make sure you’re planning (and attending) effective meetings, it’s what you do after the meeting that counts. But it isn’t always clear what that is. Without a clear process for taking meeting notes and following up on action items, meetings blur into one another with no real progress being made.
In this guide, we’ll cover the step-by-step processes you can use for preparing and running a kickoff meeting with your team, stakeholders, or client (plus provide agendas and templates to give you a headstart).
So what does it take to combat remote sprawl and keep teams on track from across the globe? In this guide, we’re going to cover the tools, processes, and cultural shifts you need to make to successfully collaborate from wherever you are,
In this post, we’re going to cover some of the most powerful conflict resolution techniques that will help you diffuse dicey situations and build a culture of communication and collaboration, not conflict.
A product requirements document (PRD) is one of the most important documents for teams using traditional project management. However, an increasing number of Agile teams are seeing the value of adding more planning to their process.
While your job might involve pushing pixels and code more than hauling giant slabs of stone, you need to ingrain these four phases in your mind.
A project schedule is more than a calendar or timeline. It’s a manual of what needs to be done, by whom, when, and which resources you require. Your schedule is a guide, but it’s also a tool to push back against scope creep or fight for more help.
Asynchronous communication–when you send messages without expecting an immediate response–is probably the best tool you can use for this. However, it’s also one of the hardest to implement properly.
This post isn’t a deep dive into the technical specifics of scalability (we’ll leave that to more capable DevOps engineers to write about!) Instead, it’s a primer to help project managers understand scalability
At its core, project management should be simple. Managing any project is really about making complex problems easier, clearer, and more actionable. As a project manager (or team leader of any type), you do this by coordinating resources, tools, and teammates in a way that ensures your project’s success.
The internet is huge. Help us find great content!
We design learning experiences that help you grow.